I can run IT, Photography or Photo editing courses at a venue such as a community centre. The cost of running a course will vary depending on venue hire charges.
If you are a group of people who are interested in doing a course then feel free to get in touch to discuss your requirements. Let me know of a possible venue or location. Some venues may have a computer suite that can be hired, whiles others you would need to bring your own laptop or tablet.
I ask for people to pay the full amount in advance of starting a course (or pay on the first session). This ensures that venue hire costs are covered, plus my fees for travel, printing and my time.
I generally do courses in 5 or 10 weeks in length.
Locations I can offer courses
Please note I travel by public transport (buses or taxi). I will need to work around bus times, etc. Below are some general locations and I have included the methods of travel.
- Peterlee – Walk, Taxi or Bus
- Horden – Walk, Taxi or Bus
- Easington – Taxi or Bus
- Seaham – Bus only
- Murton – Bus only
- Durham (and surrounding areas) – Bus only
If possible, a lift to a bus station or bus stop on the bus route would be well appreciated, especially during evenings.
Typical cost is £8 per person for each lesson (these costs may vary depending on venue hire charges):
- 5-week course – £40
- 10-week course – £80
Each person’s fee will contribute towards:
- Venue hire
- My time, travel and printing costs
Example 1 – 10 weeks of 2 hour sessions:
- Venue hire cost is £40 for a 2-hour session. For a 10 week course that would work out as £400.
- My fee is £40 for a 2-hour session. For a 10 week course that would work out as £400.
- Total cost for running the course would be: £800.
- I would need to run a course of 10 learners, each paying £80 (that equates to £8 per session).
- Refund if you decide course is not for you: £30 (I keep £50 to cover venue hire costs and my expenses).
Example 2 – 5 weeks of 2 hour sessions:
- Venue hire cost is £20 per hour, therefore £40 for a 2-hour session. For a 5 week course that would work out as £200.
- My fee is £40 for a 2-hour session. For a 5 week course that would work out as £200.
- Total cost for running the course would be: £400.
- I would need to run a course of 10 learners, each paying £40 (that equates to £4 per session).
- Refund if you decide course is not for you: £10 (I keep £30 to cover venue hire costs and my expenses).
In some cases, I will be happy to lower my fee as long as venue costs are still covered and to also cover travel expenses, but I will go no lower than £15 per hour.
When you contact me, I will get back to you with a quote.
Sorry, no refund will be given for not attending a session within a course, just to keep it fair to all other learners.
If you decide the course is not for you, you must let me know before we reach the half way point of a course. I will offer a partial refund deducting the cost of the hiring the venue and a small contribution towards my fee.
I will not offer a refund if you decide you are not happy as we approach the final two weeks of the course, I have after all taught you and used my time, resources and venue.
I will accept cash (you will be given a receipt).
If you are wanting a block booking or course, you can either pay me in cash or you can use PayPal, which offers a secure way of paying online using your credit or debit card. Click the green button below if you wish to pay via PayPal (you do not need to have a PayPal account).
Use the Contact Me link at the top of the page or click here if you are interested in any one-to-one sessions or want to hire me as your course tutor.